Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Little Girl Named Mila

Recently, I had the pleasure of photographing this 18 month old little sweetie, Mila. Her grandmother called and wanted some portraits since Mila and her folks would be moving to another state in July. (boohoo!) She wanted to capture her at this delightful age so she could "see" her every day. We had such a fun session. Mila wore a couple of outfits but most of what I'm showing here were of her in just a little tutu...because that was the favorite!


She is so cute in red with her bow to match and even her red shoes. With all little ones I try and keep things moving 'cause they are busy. So we moved in chairs and stairs and this new antique sofa I recently purchased-I just love the look of it. One little trick is to give them something to hold so then they won't think about trying to move...they concentrate about what's in their hand.

Mom and Dad were great helpers. Mom was the catcher, put-her-back-in-place person, fix hair, tutu, bow and all around Mila point person. After a bit, we needed Dad's help as well to get a few more expressions from his baby girl. Here she is blowing kisses to her Daddy...awwww.

Mila decided to stand at the chest and perhaps see what was inside. I love her chubby little legs and the way the tulle spills all over.

And then she has to get inside the chest and try and climb out. This is one of my favorites! The look on her face is so adorable.


Teddy bear wanted in on the portrait experience too - even if she did have a bit of a tight grip on him!

Lastly, I did something a little different with this image - check out the before and after. I loved the negative space and wanted to create an artsy piece so I decided to play with it a bit. I have so many photoshop items to work magic on images so here I added some flourishes and some text. I really like how the finished image turned out - it's a great way to make your images more unique.

Well, the portraits were delivered this past Easter weekend. Everyone was thrilled, especially Mila's grandmother and that made me happy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual spectacular!!

Megan | Photography Contest said...

Cute little kid! the eyeglasses makes her look even cuter.