Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

@52

Well, it's been quite sometime since my last blog and I've really felt guilty about it. Consistency is one of the keys to blogging and I've dropped the ball big time because I was busy, didn't know what to write, lazy, uninspired, whatever, doesn't matter the reasons, but today I'd like it to be the turning point of getting back on track and committing to the process of blogging. Most of my posts are about client sessions and the children, high school seniors and families I love to photograph - ok, sometimes a bit about the ones I love most, Tony, Jenn, Beckett, Mom and Dad, but not often about me, what I feel, fear, love, do for fun. I'm not always comfortable talking about myself certainly not in such a public forum but today I'm putting it out there. Today, I'm talking 'bout me @52. Yep, I've said it, 52! I know, you're not supposed to ask a woman her age but I'm offering it up - I'm proud of this number. I can't believe this number 'cause at one time it sounded so old to me! But now that I'm at that number, well it's still young so I'm really ok with it! If you're curious read on for 52 random things about me:

1. I was born on Palm Sunday at about 1p.m. in Boston, MA
2. I'm the oldest with 3 younger brothers, no sisters.
3. Dad is from Ossining, NY, Mom from Wareham, MA.
4. At the young age of 4 or 5 I saved the oldest of my 3 brothers from drowning.
I remember every detail like it was yesterday.
5. My greatest gift was born to me when I was eighteen. We grew up together.
6. I love cats and dogs. My first cat was Mittens.
7. I love to dance all the time.
8. And sing, although my singing isn't very good.
9. I wake up in the middle of the night with songs in my head - what's up with that?
10. My dream was to dance on Broadway.
11. I will always love musicals.
12. Fear has held me back but I fight it every day.
13. I love to laugh.
14. And love those who make me laugh.
15. Eyes have always been my favorite thing on a person...and great smiles.
16. Stepping out of my comfort zone, although uneasy is rewarding.
17. I've known some of my dearest friends since elementary and junior high school.
18. I like having that history together.
19. I am a fiercely loyal friend.
20. And treasure my friendships deeply.
21. I graduated from photography school when I was 40.this.was.a.big.deal!
22. Photography has brought me many riches but none of them monetary. The richness in relationships with the wonderful clients that have continued to work with me. Friendships have developed with photographers that I never would have met otherwise - you have all enriched my life.
23. I feel blessed and grateful everyday.
24. I used to have repeating dreams that I could fly and teeth dreams, ugh.

25. Tony is the second greatest gift in my life. We were meant to share this journey together. For real.
26. Twenty years together looking forward seems like forever. Looking back, like the blink of an eye.
27. Running your own business is hard.
28. Blogging is hard.
29. Being a one-woman show & wearing many hats is hard, challenging, frustrating, rewarding. I wouldn't trade one day.
30. I like accounting, really I do. Is that wrong?
31. Beckett has brought me so much joy - makes my heart smile every time I think of him.
32. Jenn is a wonderful Mom and daughter. I admire and adore her.
33. Tony makes me laugh...everyday.
34. I cry easily and often but not always from sadness.
35. It's taken me a long time to learn it's just a part of who I am.



36. I'm still learning acceptance about alot of things.
37. When I was a little girl, my Nana told me angels kissed me - 'cuz they had - on.my.right.cheek. They left a red birthmark. I think it looks like a bird.
38. It is not lipstick and no matter how hard you try to rub it off, it just won't.
39. I struggle with it from time to time.
40. I don't like feeling insecure.
41. Many blessings come from my 3 nieces and 1 nephew. I heart them.
42. I love watermelon.
43. And being outside, even in the snow.
44. I'm thankful my Mom and Dad are still with me sharing in this life's journey. I heart them too.
45. I love good food. Tom Colicchio cooked for me once.
46. Running, I love it - I'm not fast but for the past 2 years have continued doing it.
47. Zumba is fun.
48. I am still learning every day.
49. Even about myself.
50. I don't miss my twenties - ever.
51. In my mind I'm thirty-two.
52. But @52 is where I'm supposed to be.

7 comments:

Amy Riley said...

I wish I was as gorgeous and beautiful as you at 52! You are an amazing woman Ms Sue Asaro!! Here's to 52 more incredible years! Xoxo

Tony Asaro said...

You are an amazing woman and I am blessed for having you in my life. Yes, we were meant to be on this journey together and every step of it with you is magic.

Momma G said...

What a great post!! This was by far one of my favorites. I think the best part of clients working with you is in fact - YOU!! You are an amazing woman, mother, wife, daughter, friend and of course, photographer - I am so blessed to be your daughter! xoxo

Debbi said...

I too love our friendship that started in first grade. I am so blessed that I have been with you, and walked with you through many, many of these life adventures. Love to you my dear friend and here's to 52 more years together.

Cassandra said...

You are amazing. I just love you, Susan!!!

Amy said...

I am soooooo very blessed by you as a truly loyal friend. I get teary eyed just thinking about you. I think you are so very beautiful, kind, loving and all round great person. Tony was smart scooping you up! I am so glad you chose me. What would our lives be like if you had a different wedding photographer? Mine wouldn't be as full. Loved your post. Keep it up.

jen said...

Hi Susan! Loved this post! Happy birthday! :-)