Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Business Portraits/Wareham Photographer

Well, it was a long time coming! My hair stylist extraordinaire and salon owner Linda, & I have been talking for almost 2 years about her coming to the photography studio to have some new, fresh, hip, current business portraits done. The stars aligned and we were thrilled one recent Friday morning to enjoy each other's company in the studio.
Linda arrived a bit frazzled with clothes in hand for the session. She mentioned how she went to the
salon first to do her hair and makeup, hurried to the studio and had alot on her mind; Running your own business can be all consuming! So, I took the clothes from her, got her something to drink and proceeded downstairs to the studio. Linda changed, we cranked the dance music and had so much fun! As you can see a girl has to check out her looks and primp her hair before the portraits are taken - well I loved what she was doing with her hair trying to get it into a "diamond shape" (that's hair speak of which i didn't understand!) so while she was looking in the mirror I snapped a few images - I love the one eye showing and how the blue mirror coordinates with her signature blue ring! (coincidence as the mirror was mine)

Linda's initial inspiration was a photo of Adele where she was sitting on a low stool so we incorporated that feel into the session. Not a direct copy because we needed to make it our own. Linda has a love for shoes, really cool, high heeled shoes and we needed to make sure they were captured as well. (i tried on those killer shoes and they made me feel so tall - couldn't walk in them but boy did i feel tall!)

Linda brought two different jackets - one funky leather jacket and the other a bit more reserved black blazer - both portraying a different feel to make each portrait unique.

There's so much about this session that I loved but especially these last two. The second to last is another Adele inspiration, close up with focus of the portrait on her beautiful face. And every stylist needs a great pair of scissors so Linda brought hers along to be photographed too in her very cool leather jacket! By the end of the photo session, Linda was relaxed, happy to have finally updated her business portraits for her website, facebook and whatever else she needed photos for at the salon.

Linda, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule and giving me the opportunity to update your business portraits. You were amazing!

If you're looking for a fresh new updated portrait for your business or know someone who needs one, please pass this along and give the studio a call at 508.291.7926. To update your look in hair and makeup please call Linda at her fabulous hair salon located in Carver. Just be sure to tell her Susan Asaro sent you!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Susan it was so much fun!!!Your right though, once I relaxed I was able to be more myself. This is the beginning of a new year for me and Im looking forward to taking my business to the next level. These photos were my first step in promoting the company that Ive worked so hard to create...
There's so many idea's that I have that will beneficial for my guests and your clients alike..... fun fun fun