Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Newborn to six months/Wareham baby photographer

In the blink of an eye you realize how quickly time goes by in the life of a baby with each new day bringing the opportunity to grow and change and learn new things, the simplest of things that we take for granted like sitting up.

This adorable little boy was born into our family way back on September 27, 2011 and I have watched and documented his growth with such amazement and happiness. His name is Callan Barrett and oh does his name carry much weight. You see he is named after 2 grandmothers that lived long before him and meant so much to those that knew and loved them. There was Babs (aka Ellen, aka Nana) on his maternal side - she grew up in a small town in Ireland called Callan, County Kilkenny. She would have been Callan's great, great grandmother and would have adored this boy! And then there was Margaret Barrett on his paternal side who would have been his great grandmother and she would have adored him too! What's in a baby's name, well Callan will definitely have stories to tell!

He was only a few days old when these newborn baby portraits were taken. Curled up on his Momma's chest was one of the only ways he wanted to sleep in those early days. Love those tiny lips, sleepy eyes and curled up toes. How soon you'll change!

I love how he is looking so peaceful wrapped in this cuddly blanket on the bed. He was so little!

At three months, he's perky with personality plus wanting to eat his hand, big smiles, big blue eyes and a dash of red hair! Every time Callan and his big brother Beckett come to visit I try and make sure to capture some photos of the them. Beckett, now 3, doesn't want much to do with that but Callan is easy and will play along! At three months you forget that they are just learning to push themselves up so my trusty assistant (Papa) and I propped him up and placed him in front of the beautiful window light in the studio and captured these fun 3 month baby portrait moments with him. The blanket on the head, silly I know, but goes back to when I was a baby - if you clicked on the Beckett link you saw it there too - guess it's a family tradition! I'm starting to forget how little he was.

Sitting up, trying to eat his toes, giggling, drooling, almost crawling is what 6 month portraits were all about for this baby boy! The red hat is a tradition too as Beckett wore it here - we love those hand-me-downs. I loved the baby chatter too as we played in the studio creating these six month baby portraits.

Callan, you bring us much joy (as does your big brother) and we look forward to many playful one and only moments together captured picture perfectly! (love, nana and papa)

Want your baby photographed artfully and playfully? Then call the studio and chat with me!

4 comments:

Momma G said...

I'm speechless!!! Wow!!! Thank you, thank you so much for capturing such sweet moments with our loves! We truly treasure these images. We had such a fun day in the studio with you. Now, if we can only get the 3 year old to cooperate this summer (I just bought the cutest matching outfits! ;) xo

Tony Asaro said...

Made me smile, laugh and get a bit choked up. His smile is so beautiful.

Lovely work my dear.

Aunt Sharon said...

Oh so enjoyed viewing these photo's of darl'n Callan! He's grown and changed a lot since... I can see that he has his mommies eyes.... just like his big brother has too. Love the apparently now tradition of hat and blanket. Hope they're saved so the next one can carry on the tradition! :-)

Marguerite said...

Oh what beautiful pictures of my beautiful great grandson whom I adore after having just spent about 3 weeks caring for him. You are such a talented artist when it comes to photographing children. I love them all.