Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gotcha Day / Wareham Children's Photographer

On Wednesday, May 8th of this year Sunny and her Mom, Carol came to the studio for their ordering appointment.  We were all excited to see the images from Sunny's first communion portraits done 2 weeks earlier.  I mentioned to Sunny how she must be so happy to be missing school that day and Carol said "yea, today is Gotcha Day!"  Hmmm...Gotcha Day? I asked..."Yes, it's the day that I brought Sunny home from China...her Gotcha Day and we celebrate doing something fun every year, like we would on her birthday" said her proud Mom.  I love the story and adore this sweet girl who has grown up so much since we first met. 

 We first met for beach portraits in 2006 when Sunny was just a tiny little girl.  Carol's family wanted a family portrait of Sunny with her older girl cousins, women ranging in age from teenagers to early twenties.  It was a beautiful, breezy, early morning session and we captured some precious images that day even though sweet, adorable Sunny was not feeling her best.
Now fast forward to present day and Sunny is 8 years old, healthy, happy, still sweet and adorable and so willing to pose for her First Communion portraits.


She was so much fun, loved to twirl in her pretty dress and had a surprise for me (and everyone else who saw her in church) on the bottom of her cute, white shoes!
This image above was definitely a favorite of her Mom's as well as her grandmother. (mine too - I just love her expression and the beauty in her eyes!)
I had chatted with Carol earlier about clothing and mentioned to bring another outfit that we could have fun with.  So she brought the cutest white pants and adorable blue top, a casual, beachy feel but so timeless.  I loved it!  These are some of the favorites from the portrait session and by this time Sunny was warmed up and we were having great conversation about her best friends.

She was so comfortable in front of the camera, almost feels like a Gap Kids ad!



We all loved this last portrait, especially how she so naturally curled her toes onto her other foot.  What is it about feet, babies feet, little girls or little boys feet that make you just want to keep them little forever?...(insert big sigh) - love kids feet!

Thank you Carol and Sunny for brightening up my day on your Gotcha Day - special for me too this year as you spent the morning with me.  It was such a pleasure to photograph you and to see how even more adorable you are as an 8 year old girl.  I am truly honored to be a part of this 'one and only moment' in your family history with these portraits of you as a sweet girl making your First Communion...thank you again!

2 comments:

Carol said...

If you are thinking about doing this...DO IT! You won't regret it. Susan is the most warm, genuine and charming woman. The experience is relaxing and joy filled. I am so pleased that Susan has photographed my daughter as an eighteen month old baby and now as an eight year old celebrating her 1st Holy Communion. Susan was able to capture Sunny as I see her but could never replicate. I love these photos. They are forever. Seldom is something better than expected. Thank you Susan. You are an amazing talent.
Carol xo

Susan Asaro said...

Thank you so much, Carol, for your kind words!!! It was a pleasure to photograph Sunny and to work with you again...I'm so glad you decided to have her photographed. She is just the cutest, sweetest little girl! I am honored to be part of this 'one and only moment' in your family's photographic history!
Susan xo