Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Best Mother's Day Gift Ever - Wareham Family Photographer

A while back I received a call from Marcia who wanted to reserve a family session as a gift for her Mom on Mother's Day.  Of course, I thought this was the perfect gift and I was available so I couldn't wait to chat with her about all the details.  Marcia works at my local bank, I was so excited and honored that she reached out to have me capture this special time in her family's history.  She told me that her Mom had an older family portrait hanging on the wall that didn't include her 4 year old daughter.  It definitely was time for an update!
The session was 8 people - Marcia and her family and then her brother and his family.  We started in the studio with several different groupings.  Marcia mentioned that her little mini-me would be a bit shy at first...and she was.  But she looks so grown up here with those beautiful eyes!

It took a little bit for this darling little girl to warm up but by the end of the session she was personality plus! These cousins had so much fun together and encouraged each other to do their best.  Sometimes the eyes say it all!
wareham photographer
On this particular day the weather happened to be extraordinary so we ventured to the yard for outside portraits.  Brother and sister...nothing could make Mom happier than a portrait of her kids together, no matter how grown up they are.  
wareham photographer
Everyone took advantage to have their own little portrait session. Whenever groups are done it's always a plus to do the individual family portraits.   No one ever regrets having their own family done!  I loved how everyone just cuddled up to Mom and these adorable kids were so willing to please.
wareham photographer
Whenever I ask couples when the last time they had a portrait of just the two of them they always say "their wedding" and then they always joke that this is the closest they've been to each other in a long time! I chuckle every time I hear this! And then, I feel lucky that we are able to create this special moment in time for them.
wareham photographer
Big brother Tyler was so wonderful with his little sister in these childrens portraits.  You could tell he just adored her!
wareham photographer
And the same for these two siblings...they must get along beautifully all the time! ;-)
wareham photographer
The individual kids portraits were just as fun as the groups.  Sometimes I have to act silly, wear funny hats, make gross noises, use bribery, whatever it takes but I feel I'm able to capture each child's personality as their parents would see them.  It's a huge compliment when parents say "that's so my child".  Samantha was a perfect soon to be teen with a wonderful smile and eyes that light up a room.
kids portraits
Frank was a natural poser! Oh my goodness he was rocking his session with just the cutest faces!
wareham photographer
And Madison was as cute as a button with, as I said before, beautiful eyes and a sweet disposition!
kids photographer
Four is such a wonderful age - I just love four!!
There are these huge rocks in the yard and thought them perfect for the kids to climb on and they all loved them too.  This is the family portrait that now hangs in Marcia's Mom's home replacing the one from long ago.  On Mother's Day evening I received the sweetest email from Marcia saying this "Just wanted to let you know that my mother was VERY (her emphasis, not mine) happy with the pictures. She said it's the best gift ever. Haven't seen her cry in ages. Both my parents cried. Mom loved my brother and I. She said she is actually going to show them off at work. Thanks again for making the best Mother's Day ever."
No, Marcia, thank you for the honor and privilege of photographing your family, capturing this one and only moment in time not only for your Mom but for you!
 
 

No comments: