Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Extraordinary Workshop in PA

Last week I had the pleasure of joining 10 other women in Wayne PA for an extraordinary workshop with photographer extraordinaire, Joyce Smith. Joyce photographs her clients with available light only, mostly in their homes or in her newly acquired studio. I follow Joyce's blog and love her work so when she decided to have a workshop I wanted in!

The following photographs were all taken in her new, bright white studio. She even included a bed in her shooting area - a pretty white bed with great textured pillows - it was a great space to have fun in.

We all had lots of fun and there was so much to learn. Joyce was very willing to share and it was so appreciated!

This adorable little girl had the best personality. She smiled forever and entertained us by just flopping face down on the bed. It was the cutest thing.



This little sister and her big brother were fun to photograph too. I loved his wild hair. He was always in motion while his baby sister barely moved at all except to flash those beautiful eyes of hers.



And there's always something so precious about a baby's toes. I don't know what it is, the smallness of them, the fact that you can kiss those feet and play "this little piggy". Whatever it is I am in love with those feet and always want to show them - no socks allowed.




These were my favorites of our time together. This 5 month old little darlin' was so adorable with beautiful eyes and the cutest of cheeks and oh ya, did I mention her toes? :-)


All the images were taken at the studio, available light. We did travel to a home location but the 2 kids were a bit nervous with 11 people staring at them so only Joyce really photographed them. They're on her blog if you want to see her view of things. It's always so wonderful to see how other photographers work and at every seminar & workshop that I attend I always learn something new.

Thanks to Joyce and all the other women who were all so willing to share too. It was really great to be in your company. (Sidenote: if you ever have the chance to visit Wayne PA, definitely go! It is a charming little town with boutique type shops and tree lined streets. Stay at the Wayne Hotel and maybe, just maybe you'll run into Bruce Springsteen...not saying I did but just maybe!)


So, if anyone is interested in having portraits done in your home with just available light and in a casual, playful manner feel free to give me a call.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so, so lovely to meet you, Susan! I only wish that our time together could have been longer!! Beautiful images and I wholeheartedly agree--no socks allowed!! : ) xoxox