Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Granddad and his Grandson - Sneak Peek

It all started with an old portrait of this baby, a cute little boy dressed in what looks like a slip from his christening outfit taken oh so long ago. How adorable!

I received a call from his daughter, Alayne whom I met at the Bella Treasures Consignment Event in April 2009. She was pregnant with her third baby at that time and took my card wanting portraits in the future. Well, she recently called to schedule that baby's one year portrait session (yay!) and told me about this portrait she had of her Dad when he was a little baby. She's been told that her little boy looks like her father and had an idea - take a portrait of Matthew that's similar to her Dad's. "Sure, I'll try - send me a picture of the portrait." "Am I crazy for wanting to do this?" she asked. "Heck NO, I said - let's do it!" What a fun session we had with this cute, active little one year old, Matthew. I just love how this turned out - so similar to his grandfather's portrait. What a wonderful keepsake this will be.

I had a rug that was similar in texture and color (go figure) with my favorite brown toned background so I knew we would be able to make this work. Matthew didn't really like his left leg bent (he liked his right one bent-it was the cutest thing) as we tried many times to get him to do the same pose as his granddad. But, all is I needed was one!

We continued to play and photograph his cute personality. In this one above, he loved the texture of the rug and I loved the way he was looking down as well as the position of his tiny toes. Isn't this the cutest outfit?

Mom brought a couple of outfits and changed him after I knew I had what I needed. Here he is with a soldier in his hand that had particular meaning to the family. I adore his big happy light-up-the-room smile. He was such a happy baby!

Matthew also had the best eyelashes and I couldn't resist capturing this quiet moment with his eyes down - such a sweet face - his cute nose, lips, ears, hairline. Oh, I love everything about babies!

I told Mom she might be in a few images too so wear some dark pants. As much as it helps to keep little ones off the ground so they don't travel they get a bit tired of that. So, it helps to have Mom's trusty hands holding their precious baby still for a minute so I can take one of my favorite images...of toes, tiny little baby feet that grow up way too fast.

Alayne, thanks so much for your help with this session and your trust in me to create this special moment in time for your family's history. I can't wait for you to see the rest of the session!

2 comments:

alayne tilton said...

Hello Susan,
I absolutely love these pictures!!! If you told me that you didn't get anything else I would be thrilled with these (I am however excited to see the rest) Thank you so much!!

Alayne

Alda said...

Unbelieveable!!! The cutest pictures ever! What did you use to bribe him? He's perfect! Priceless pictures! I can't wait to see the rest either.


Alda