Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

This Weekend in the neighborhood

Well, there's alot going on in this sleepy sea-side town this weekend. We've had beautiful weather despite the humidity. As I started on my run yesterday, I noticed this umbrella on the lifeguard stand. Although I didn't have my camera with me I knew I had to come back, fingers crossed that no one would be sitting in the chair, and take this picture. So, 3 miles later and a quick drive home I returned and snapped away, a happy girl because this really represented the beachy, hot day.

Also, yesterday, Fox 25 was in town on one of their weekly zip trip visits. They highlighted Onset, one of the little villages in Wareham that I love so much. I run from Shell Pointe many mornings throughout the year and grew up spending many weeks on Onset's beaches. It holds so many fond memories for me. So, I was curious to see what was going on when I noticed the camera trucks. Although I didn't venture onto the pier (as it was filled with people) it was nice to know that this part of town was in the news for its beauty.

Tonight and tomorrow holds plenty to do. Illumination Night is held this evening where flares surround the bay at dusk. It really is a beautiful sight and it will be such a lovely evening to be on the beach. People were already claiming their spots at 9a.m. this morning with tents, volleyball nets, blankets and coolers. New this year will be lanterns hanging from surrounding homes. Tomorrow is family fun day in Tihonet (A.D. Makepeace property) to benefit the Onset Youth Center capital campaign.

Thursday night's are movie nights on the bluff in case you're looking for something else to do!

Or, if you prefer grab a chair, rest awhile and enjoy the scenic views from the bluff.

I love this town - being near the water does something for my soul. Hopefully it will do something for yours as well. Enjoy your visit!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, thank you, Sue! Being near the water does something for my soul, too!! I long to be there, but since I'm not as close, I'll visit vicariously through your blog. Wonder...if I jump in my car right now...could make it to Illumination Night in time? ;-) Hope you get to go and enjoy! What a perfect end to what I call a perfect summer day!

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! Makes me want to get to the Cape even sooner. Can't wait to see you again next week for our photo "shoot."

Tony Asaro said...

Lovely pictorial of our home town, darling!