Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Nicest Couple

Recently I had the pleasure of photographing Norm and Rosemary, who were such wonderful people. Norm's daughter purchased a session as a gift for her Dad...awwww! Of course, I thought - it's the perfect gift! They were staying in Orleans not far from a favorite beach of mine, Skaket Beach. So we met on one of the most perfect evenings we've had this summer - not much wind, barely any tiny biting bugs and a beautiful sunset.


They married 22 years ago and were such fun to photograph. We chatted about how they met, their children, grandchildren and how they've been coming to the Cape for sometime now. They love Skaket Beach too especially for the kids - at low tide you can walk out for miles in the water and sand bars. So much to find out there!

They were willing participants in trying anything I asked. I love this one above with both of them looking at each other, a sparkle in their eyes.


In May I attended a workshop where one of the attendees loves sun flare and captures some pretty amazing images that way. So, as I was setting this up I was getting huge sun flare in my lens (and I thought of that workshop) and decided to go with it. It almost looks like a heart is enveloping them. I could feel the love!


These two are more of my favorites - the one above has a peaceful feel to it that says to me, "I'll always be here for you and I'm glad we're here in this moment together." I'm not quite sure anything was said to one another but if words were exchanged I imagine that's what would have been said.

The sunset was beautiful that evening and this was also one of Norm & Rosemary's favorites. They came to the studio on Saturday for their ordering appointment that started off with a slideshow of their images - a favorite way to start the appointment. It was so wonderful to see them again as they ended their vacation and headed home with some memorable moments of Skaket Beach.

Thanks so much to you, Norm and Rosemary, for allowing me to capture this moment in time for you and for sharing some wonderful family stories. I hope you enjoyed the evening as much as I did. You chose the perfect images to remember your time on the beach. And to you, Tabatha, thank you for the privilege of photographing the nicest couple!

No comments: