Welcome - thanks for stopping by! Take a moment to learn a bit more about me, my sessions and my wonderful clients!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Another First Encounter or I Need My Puppy

Six years ago, this adorable family (minus one cute boy) met me at First Encounter Beach in Eastham for the very first time. Since then, they have been in front of my camera at least 4 more times. I am so grateful that we met as they are such a special family and I just adore them! The last time I photographed them, Ryan had just become a big brother to Jonathan.

Well, that was 2 years ago! So, one lovely evening at the end of July we met again at one of our favorite beaches,
First Encounter Beach and had fun.


This is Ryan, now a grown up young boy and how he was when I first met him, oh it seems so long ago now. He still has the same beautiful smile and eyes that light up a room. He is kind and was very cooperative on whatever I asked him to do. Doesn't he just look too cute?

This is Jonathan now - full grown 2 plus-something-year old with strawberry reddish hair! And, Puppy, his favorite stuffed animal that just couldn't leave his side. I recently read on one of the blogs that I follow, the creative mama about including well worn blankies, stuffed animals, etc. in your portraits and I loved the concept. So, I'm glad we decided to have Puppy stay in for a few cuz boy oh boy, do I love this one! They both behaved quite nicely and photographed so well!!!!

The boys were terrific together. Ryan the calming force against Jonathan's full out ball of energy. Jonathan, truly looked up to what his big brother was doing and wanted to stay close by.

We finished down at the beach as the sun was starting to set. I'm not quite sure what Jonathan saw that he was trying to point out to his big brother but I love this adorable expression as he looks up to Ryan. These boys were just the best.


Finally, the setting sun at low tide (it was low tide 6 years ago too) with sand bars filled with beautiful hues of red, yellow, orange. What a way to spend a cape cod evening! Love my job!!

I adore this last portrait, especially because beautiful mom Jenn is looking down at her fabulous boys with adoring eyes and a peaceful, happy smile. I love that handsome dude, oh I mean dad (with those gorgeous dimples) Mike has wrapped his arms around his family keeping them ever so close and big bro Ryan lifts up his younger brother with pride.
My dear, Jenn - as usual I cannot wait for you to see the rest of your portraits. Thank you for contacting me so long ago and for continuing on this wonderful journey with me. I am truly honored to capture the everchanging moments in your family's life. Can't wait to see you again! xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I remember this beautiful family. It was the highlight of my assisting Susan and I shall always remember little Ryan and his handsome parents.
Marguerite

Jenn Schiappa said...

Susan, you amaze me with what you are able to capture. There is such a happy feel to all of those pictures. We don't see that side of us at all because of our busy, busy lives. I think I had a smile on my face the entire two times I went through the pictures. I can't thank you enough!